Check out my website:

March 27, 2010

Flower Comission

     I recently received a commission to paint a daisy and a hibiscus flower together. It was somewhat of a challenge to put together reference but, luckily my wife is studying horticulture and was able to point me in the right direction. There is a poem that goes along with this piece. It's a personal poem so if you don't know the people involved it might not mean anything. But it's a touching piece none-the-less:

A Hibiscus suddenly bloomed
Right up the street….
Right here in Arkansas!

I walked on over to have a look,
just to take a peek…..
(I’m really not a ‘flower person’)
But Oh!  What I found!
Just three doors down!

An exotic, tropical rose!
The bloom was a beauty,
All could see that,
But as I got closer…
This flower was so much more!

Solid, strong, bright, happy,
resilient and calm.
Sharing its perfume
with the daisy down the road.


9 comments:

Court10 said...

This is my first time visiting your blog and I am really impressed with your work. All of your pictures are amazing and honestly, I wasn't sure which one I wanted to comment on. I love this one because I love flowers and I like the vibrant color of the hibiscus. Keep of the good work!

Stephen Sitton said...

Thank you so much! It's nice that people are actually starting to see my stuff! I appreciate your comment. Thanks for stopping by!

chaman said...

i like your pictures

Layzynha said...

nossa simplismente amei essa pintura...delicada...romantica...ficou esplendida

Vivian said...

Nice work!!
I like drawing but just when I was a litter gril..

Baby90 said...

nice drawing..i like ur pic so much..by the way the flower so nice..i like it..

Milena Medeiros(em blogs)ou ainda Negra Noite/Noite Negra. No profissional: Amelinha said...

Achei bem lindos e meigos- adoro hibiscus- posso copiar para meu blog?

Stephen Sitton said...

As long as you give me credit you may use this image on your blog.

Milena Medeiros(em blogs)ou ainda Negra Noite/Noite Negra. No profissional: Amelinha said...

Thank you, friend. Already copied and pasted the images on my blog, giving credit to you